Myke Clements Time Has Come For A Review on Sell Out Records

Myke Clements The Thunder Quiet LP
Excuse the terrible opening title, I didn’t know what else to lead in with. I guess I could’ve stated, “review”, but come I reserve that for unsolicited random thoughts on records that I have. Myke Clements shouted me out via my Scary Film Review twitter account, which I sometimes promote links for this page on. He’s a fan of Falling Up, and well he threw me a link, and now it’s time to talk about the record he’s put out, “The Thundering Quiet”. I wasn’t sure what to expect, as I’ve never heard of Myke at all, and that’s a shame. I would’ve been trumpeting for him for a while now, but the good thing is that today, is the day we discuss his latest opus.

This record is fascinating. It’s a record that feels like a movie score. There’s so many ethereal elements at play. When you start to break down the pieces, you are driven through a lot of different arenas. Close your eyes and you can even find yourself skateboarding through the streets, jumping through hoops, dropping in on ramps, and creating a magical experience of frenetic musical landscapes. I found myself lost in the emotions of the music, and the impressive use of layered instruments and recording. “The Cold Open”, “A Meeting In Time”, and “The Dance”, are like connective tissue that unite the body of a record that is nothing short of impressive.

Instrumental music is always hard to peg, because most people assume it’s jazz or classical. That’s not the case here. There’s modernity to this, not too unlike some of the work that Joy Electric did when they went “unplugged” for a spell. There’s a magical sensationalism to this recording, and something that takes you on an 8 track journey through sight, sound, and well, imagination. If you close your eyes, and just listen, you can very well hear the concepts that Myke Clements puts out so well.

Overall, “The Thundering Quiet” is a magical record. There are only 8 tracks, but the precision that has been placed on each movement is spectacular. It features a lot here. It’s an important record of instrumental elements, and it really does start to seep into your mind’s eye. If you like instrumental music, here’s a record you should pick up, and listen to.

You can check out “The Thundering Quiet” via Myke Clements Bandcamp here, and follow him on Twitter here. This is really solid record, and definitely worth more praise, in my opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2KX Create A Lavish Musical Framework Beyond Comparison

In Isolation Paints An Incredible Post Punk Portrait with Tears

SweetEve Bring On A Rocking Sound Worth Your Time